Okay, it’s official, I have too much to do at work too.
I’ve made a concerted effort to cut down on the number of projects at home, but it seems that there is a cosmic force at work with the sole desire to see me have a mental breakdown.
So, how do I deal?
Step one, find some clever quotes:
- All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind.
- Aristotle (384 BC – 322 BC)
- One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one’s work is terribly important.
- Bertrand Russell (1872 – 1970)
- Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?
- Edgar Bergen (1903 – 1978)
- Life grants nothing to us mortals without hard work.
- Horace (65 BC – 8 BC)
- I’m a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.
- Thomas Jefferson (1743 – 1826)
Step two, remember I’m going to Florida soon to sit on the beach and do nothing at all.
Bah! Whining is for four-year-olds. :p